Ideas on How to Include Gamification in Your Conference Booth
How to use gamification in your conference booth
Participating in conferences and exhibitions is an integral part of B2B companies. Every booth is about engaging visitors and collecting new leads. The traditional way of collecting new business leads is to make a raffle and collect people’s information on a piece of paper. But this can be a lot of work, and it’s not always accurate. So… why not gamify your conference booth and save a lot of time and money by keeping things fun and digital?
What is gamification marketing?
Do you remember how Flappy Bird took over the world and no-one couldn’t stop playing? A simple wheel of fortune at the city fair of which you simply couldn’t walk past by. Or a basic raffle at exhibitions and conferences to keep visitors more engaged in their booth?
The keywords in all of this are INTERACTION and ENGAGEMENT. Like the definition says: Gamification marketing involves incorporating gaming elements into a non-gaming context to improve engagement levels and encourage users to take specific actions. To put it simply, gamification is using interactions and games to make users take specific actions. The only limitation is your imagination.
If you wish to learn more about gamification marketing and its principles, visit Adact’s blog and read about the unicorn of digital marketing! https://adact.me/the-unicorn-of-modern-marketing-gamification/
Here are 6 ideas that you could setup in 30 minutes
All of the games can be used simultaneously in the booth but are also playable in your visitors own devices. They can also be integrated to your own website or be used in Adact provided landing page
#1 Good old digital Wheel of Fortune
Trust me when I say that creating a functionally well performing Wheel of Fortune is difficult without Adact. There has been over 200 Wheel of Fortunes created with Adact and we have learned what nuances go into creating one in order to satisfy all requirements.
Once you have your wheel in place then you can raffle various different things related to your business. For example you could raffle:
- Smaller prizes you can give out right in your booth
- Discount coupons to be used in your store
- Consultation hours or other services
Be sure to always exchange the raffle experience for either leads or other valuable lead information!
#2 Create a multiple path trivia
Our newest campaign type is a multiple path trivia where you can have your conference booth visitors complete a questionnaire where each next question dependso n how the previous questions was answered
It’s a great tool to allow your visitors to find the most relevant results for them:
- If you provide different kinds of services then allow your visitors to answer an find out which service would they benefit the most of.
- Create a more challenging trivia game where if an answer is incorrect the game finishes. The visitors who end up answering all questions correctly can receive a prize
- Allow your visitors to answer questions and store all of the answered questions related to this lead to have much better segmented and qualified leads to work with after the conference
NB! When creating the trivia with Adact you will also know exactly how each person answered. That’s highly valuable information when qualifying the leads later on.
#3 Create a Jeopardy game
Jeopardy is a great game that includes several key elements together: Risk, Reward, Anticipation, Excitement and learning
In a jeopardy game you can have 3 topics, each of which will have 3 questions that award either 100, 200 or 300 points.
Here’s some concepts that you could use
- If you provide services then allow your visitors to answer and find out which service would they benefit the most.
- Create a more challenging trivia game where if an answer is incorrect the game is finished. The visitors who end up answering all questions correctly can receive a prize
- Allow your visitors to answer questions and store all of the answered questions related to this lead to have much better segmented and qualified leads to work with.
#4 Create a Competitive game and have a public competition
There are so many different concepts you could use when using competitive games. Make sure you watch our webinar on how to come up with ideas for competitive games
You can create any of the 10+ different competitive games Adact has to offer including Flappy Birds, Candy Crush, Whack a Mole, Endless Runner, Drop game and so many more.
Choose a game type that has some relevancy to your business and have a public leaderboard on the wall.
Here’s some different ways to use competitive games
- Create a 30 second Candy Crush game where players have to organize your relevant icons in a row. If the player achieves over 50 points, they participate in the raffle.
- Create a Flappy birds game where your mascot is flying around and avoids obstacles. Have a raffle between top 10 scorers for any prize you could give out.
- Create a tower stacking game where players stack your logos to a tower. If the tower is worth at least 50 points then the player will receive a small prize
NB! All of the games can be played in the visitors own device as well. So don’t be surprised if people are hanging around the conference and trying to improve their scores!
#5 Create an interactive video
Explainer videos are an essential part of several booths. With Adact you can turn your videos interactive.
You can either hide hotspots to a video and have people find them. Or you can have questions appear during a video where people have to answer a question before the video continues.
Here’s some different ways to make your video interactive
- Have a video playing in your booth but people have to find hidden icons in the video – if they find all of the icons they receive a prize!
- When visitors play your video, it stops at specific points to ask a question from the viewer.
- You can have several videos that each are related different questions. After answering the question, a next video will start playing.
#6 Create a Wordle word guessing game!
Wordle is a game that gets you hooked very fast. It’s based on New York Times namesake game where you decide what is the correct word and your players have specific number of tries to try and guess what’s the correct word. They get hints whether the letters appear in the word.
You can use Wordle to
- Create a game where your audience have to guess your discount codes
- have your visitors guess words related to your product
- All the words are some of your partners that your visitors have to guess
#7 Create other types of raffle games!
There’s several different raffle types to choose from!
Although the logic is the same – there is a chance to win a prize by just participating, then the experiences are different
Consider some of the experiences below:
- Create a Plinko game where visitors drop a digital ball that drops and changes directions when it falls on pegs. The prize it falls to is the prize they win!
- Create a Digital Scratchcard raffle where they can scratch an image to reveal whether they won a prize
- Create a simple Open the Box game where a prize is revealed behind a box.
You can customize any number of prizes and probabilities to win each prize as you see fit. Adact also enables to automatically send out e-mails to the winners with unique codes.
Closing thoughts and tips
All interactions perform better if there’s a small prize associated to it. Note that the prize can indeed be very small.
83% of players report that they are more likely to engage when there’s a prize associated to the experience
But only 18% report that the would participate if the prize is worth over 100€ but not if the prize is only worth 10€.
That illustrates that the prize value itself is not the most important aspect.
We at Adact highly encourage you to use gamification in your conference demo area booths both online and offline and continue using gamification throughout your conversations with your audience.
It is objectively better to have some sort of engagement in your conference booth versus not having one. Adact enables you to setup different experiences very quickly while also taking care of the analytics and lead collection