How to Make Your Custom Wordle Game (+6 Ready-to-use Wordle Game Ideas)
Do you want to engage and entertain your customers?
Would you like to grow brand awareness in an original way?
Perhaps you want to increase the click-through rate on your website?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we’ve got you covered! And no, we’re not talking about building a complicated marketing strategy.
We’re talking about providing your customers with a game that you know they love and already play.
In this article, we’ll explain how to build your own custom Wordle game and delight your customers.
The best part is that you can do it in minutes and no coding skills are required.
What is Wordle?
Wordle is one of the most popular guessing games online, and yet it’s so simple. It was first created by software engineer Josh Wardle in 2018 as a way to entertain his friends and family, but it didn’t become popular until 2021.
And then it went viral.
After only two months Wordle had 300.000 players worldwide.
Josh made the app public in October 2021 and the next thing you know, everyone was obsessed with it before Christmas time.
But what is Wordle all about? Here are some basic rules:
- When you open the Wordle puzzle all you can see are empty white boxes. It’s time to make your first attempt and try to guess the word of the day.
- You can type any random word containing five letters. Press Enter to see whether you’ve guessed correctly.
- If the box turns green, congrats! You’ve successfully guessed not only a letter but also its position.
- If the box turns yellow, it means that the word contains that letter but in the other position.
- If the box turns gray it means that the word of the day doesn’t contain that letter at all.
- You can try again, but beware that you only get six attempts each day.
So simple, yet, we can’t stop playing it! There is something special about knowing that people all around the world are trying to guess the same word as you, day after day.
Step-by-step guide for making custom Wordle game with Adact
This is a perfect time to jump on the trend of gamification and make your own Wordle puzzle as part of your marketing strategy and building relationships with your audience.
Here are three reasons to choose Adact custom Wordle maker:
- It’s quick and intuitive – Even if you’ve never created a custom game before, you won’t get lost and will be able to create your first Wordle in minutes.
- It’s highly customizable – You can change the design how you like it and make your own branded game. You can add your logo in the background, change the design of keyboards and grids, etc.
- No coding skills are required – And the best part, you don’t need to know anything about coding or to have any prior experience.
Now, let’s see how you can make your own Wordle in only three steps with our gamification software.
Step 1: Choosing your word
First, choose your custom Wordle word. It can be the name of one of your products or a season-related word that customers can use as a discount code on your website. Be creative!
Then, add a question or a hint that will guide them to discover your custom word. Don’t make it too obvious, but don’t make it too difficult either – we want people to have fun and win!
If you want to make it more challenging, you can lower the number of attempts they have to guess the word. And you can add extra letters that do not exist in your word.
Step 2: Customizing the design
When it comes to design, there are three main aspects:
Background – You can change the background color or you can add a branded image as a background.
Grids – You can change the design of the grid box, as well as the font and color of the letters.
Keyboard – You can change the design and the color of the keyboard letter boxes.
Feedback colors – You can also customize feedback colors (which color means they have guessed the letter, and which color means the letter is wrong). They don’t have to be the same as in the original Wordle puzzle, you can use the colors of your brand instead.
Step 3: Publishing your custom Wordle game
Now, it’s time to share your own Wordle puzzle with the world. Adact offers two ways to publish the game, and you can choose the one that works for you.
- Publish your own custom Wordle on our domain – You can create a branded landing page on Adact.me domain, with easy drag and drop features, and publish the game there.
- Integrate the code to your own website – If you want to take people to your own website to play there, that’s also an option. Again, no advanced coding skills are required. All you have to do is copy one line of code from our Wordle generator to your website and there you have it – the custom puzzle will appear on your website!
Which option to choose?
It’s up to you to choose, but we’d give a try to the Adact.me domain and here’s why.
When you publish a custom landing page on our domain, your audience has only one option: to play the game. There are no distractions that can take the traffic away, and it maximizes user engagement and campaign results.
Plus, it’s quicker, you can publish your own Wordle puzzle in minutes!
Wordle game ideas for special occasions
The holiday season is an ideal time to entertain your customers by making your own custom Wordle puzzle! Here are some creative ways to incorporate it into your holiday campaigns:
Black Friday Wordle
In the days upcoming to Black Friday, you can propose a challenge where people who guess the word of the day get your daily discount code.
Christmas Wordle puzzle
Christmas time is ideal for engaging whole families and maybe making custom Wordles for kids that your customer’s children can play. Marketing games like this bring families together but also help build trust in your brand.
New Year Wordle puzzle
New Year ideas include word puzzles containing the word of the year: success, love, peace, etc.
You can play with the most popular Christmas gifts, ask your customers what they think was the most popular gift from your store, and if they guess, they get a discount they can use to buy gifts for their friends and family.
Check out our other ideas on how to engage customers during Christmas using gamification.
What if we changed traditional bingo for a special Thanksgiving wordle game? Your customers should guess the word that represents something we should be grateful for.
If your product is something that the whole family can use, Family Day can be a perfect occasion for a kids’ wordle where children can guess the word and gain a discount for their family.
We hope this article inspired you to come up with a word puzzle that will entertain your customers while also boosting your brand awareness and click-through rate.
If you’re ready to make your own Wordle with Adact, sign up today and discover the world where gamification meets marketing.
How do I create a custom Wordle?
You can generate custom Wordle with Adact Wordle generator. All you have to do is pick a word, customize the design and add a question or a hint to help people guess the hidden word. And then you can add your Wordle to your website or publish it through our domain if you don’t have your own website and send a link to your friends/customers.
Can I create my own Wordle game?
Yes, you can generate your own puzzle by using a Wordle generator. The best part is that most of them are based on drag and drop principle and don’t require any coding skills.
How do you code a Wordle game?
What is the best word to start with in Wordle?
Bill Gates claims that the best word to start with is AUDIO! However, there’s more than one solution. One research based on statistic models came up with the following words: SLICE, TRIED, CRANE.
Originally published on November 22, 2022, updated on February 6, 2023.